Flat Stan Life Saver

posted in: News | 0

On the 30th August 2019, 7 year old Charlotte was at home when her mother left the room for a few minutes leaving Charlotte with her 1 year old brother.  Charlotte realised her brother had put a 5 pence piece in to his mouth and was choking.  Charlotte shout for her mother and started to put into action the skills she had been taught during a workshop.

The hospital confirmed Charlotte's actions had saved her brothers life.

Charlotte's mother asked her how did she know what to do and she said she had been taught it during a Flat Stanley workshop.

After a bit of detective work Charlotte's mother tracked us down to say thank you.

This reinforces what we already knew - children can make a difference in an emergency situation.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *